F, #343, b. 10 NOV 1866, d. 14 DEC 1943
|Birth*||10 NOV 1866 ||Ruby Streatfeild was born on 10 NOV 1866 at London, England.1 |
|Marriage*||7 OCT 1885 ||She married Charles Robert William Colville, 2nd Viscount Colville on 7 OCT 1885 at St Stephens, Kensington, London, England.2,3 |
|Death*||14 DEC 1943 ||She died on 14 DEC 1943 at Baggy View, Woolacombe, Devon, England, aged 77.4,5 |
|Burial*|| ||She was buried at St Mary's Church, Chiddingstone, Kent, England.6 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1871 ||She lived with Lt. Col. Henry Dorrien Streatfeild and Marion Henrietta Smith at High Street House, Chiddingstone, Kent, England, together with Col. Sir Henry Streatfeild, Sidney Streatfeild, Gerard Streatfeild, Oswald Smith Streatfeild, Capt. Eric Streatfeild, Ivy Marion Streatfeild and Violet Streatfeild.7 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||Ruby Streatfeild lived with Lt. Col. Henry Dorrien Streatfeild and Marion Henrietta Smith at High Street House, Chiddingstone, Kent, England, together with Col.. Edward Ogle Streatfeild C.B., C.V.O. and Ivy Marion Streatfeild.8 |
|Married Name||7 OCT 1885 ||Her married name was Viscountess Colville. Had 4 children, John Gilbert (1892-1952), Margaret (1886-1975), Sybil Marion (1897-1946) & Charles.9 |
|Residence||28 APR 1891 ||Ruby Streatfeild lived at Russell, Ontario, Canada, together with Capt. Eric Streatfeild.10 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||Ruby Streatfeild lived at Millhanger, Thursley, Surrey, England.9 |
|Name Variation|| ||She was also known as The Right Honourable Dowager Viscountess Ruby Colville of Culross.5 |
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census, aged 4 at census.
- [S48] Parish Registers, marriage; Charles Robert William Colville,31, father Charles John Baron Colville & Ruby Streatfeild, 18, father Henry Dorrien Streatfeild; St Stephens, Kensington, no 411, p 206.
- [S17] England & Wales BMD indices, marriage, Kensington, London,Oct-Dec 1885, vol 1a 301.
- [S17] England & Wales BMD indices, death age 77, Barnstaple, Devon, Oct-Dec 1943, vol 5b 602.
- [S82] England & Wales National Probate Calendar, place & date; The Right Honourable Dowager Viscountess Ruby Colville of Culross. probate to son John Gilbert Colville.
- [S54] From web site , findagrave.com. Lists 3 children etc.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, also son-in-law Lord Henry Neville & sons.
- [S68] Extracted from the 1911 Census, with husband Charles H Colville & daughters Mararet, 24 & Sybil M, 13.
- [S101] Trade and Street Directories, Census of Canada, 1891, New Edinburgh Ward; with husband Charles & children Margaret,4, & Charles,2.